Sunday, November 23, 2014

Red And Gold Resist Christmas Background

Hello everybody! Today's card mainly focuses on this shiny gold and red background. Another main part to this card is the coloring because it ties the whole card together. So I first started out with a piece of watercolor paper and embossed this cat's eye background in a champagne recollections embossing powder. this is cold press watercolor paper so it has a texture, therefore it missed parts of the image, which I think added to this awesome background. Then I took the Red Royal Hero Arts Shadow Ink and blended it onto my surface. To get this ink to blend very good I added water to my blending tool as I was working. Next I took a panel and stamped out a background with two snowmen and a couple of snowflakes. (I stamped the snowmen in Memento Black Ink and the snowflakes in Color Theory Grey Area Ink). Then I colored them in with some Spectrum Noir's and Bic's. I also added Wink Of Stella to some of the accessories to add some shine and interest. I then added some shadowing in a very light blue color because I didn't want my snowmen to float in mid air. I then used that same embossing powder to do the greeting and a frame around the main image. I added clear sequins and rind stones to the piece. Another finishing touch is adding the Red Royal Ink around the edges. Finally I adhered everything together!
Find all of these products at: simonsaysstamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment